Ten things I’m thankful for Tuesday…
1. Day off today. And let me add, (in the self-righteous tone of someone who thinks she works hard for her money), only those who work on their feet serving customers in coffee shops on an eight day straight, will know just how blimmin’ thankful I am right now. And breathe….
2. Easter. Loads to be thankful for about that. Deep deep thankfulness.
3. Travel websites. Social media is da bomb*. Hotel reviews, restaurant recommendations and volunteering opportunities advertised willy nilly. Travel blogs galore are my ultimate delight. This space will soon be smugly posting blogs about ‘cute little hidden tourist spots’ with smug photos of me posing with waiters. You wait…
4. Chocolate is back on the menu after lent. And it seems that chocolate binging is much like riding a bike.
5. My Pete**. He fixed my car and stuff when the wheel looked funny.
6. My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The film- not a marriage announcement***. What a feel good treat. “That lump was my twin”. Classic.
7. Kind friends who love me even when I’m so unavailable right now. Thank you for your patience in what has been an unexpected break in any spare conscious time.
8. ASOS delivery coming today. It better not let me down like EVERY OTHER TIME I’ve ordered from ASOS. I don’t know about you but I might have set myself up for a grand floral disappointment. I hope not!
9. My regular supply of free pastries from work. I love ‘em. I’m at least 60% pastry these days. The other 40% being pure lovin’ of course****.
10. Llamas. I like llamas now since I searched for “llama” on Pinterest.
*I’m sorry. I promise NEVER to say that again.
**Somewhere between a grandparent and a mechanic. One of a kind. A living legend.
***Believe me, if this EVER happens that will be the theme of the entire blog.
****I know I done it again. Add that to the list of “things never to say ever again or you can throw me down a well with Louis Walsh”.