Ten things I’m thankful for Tuesday…
1. The sunny outdoors. I had a leisurely lunch with the gorgeous Pippa, in her beautiful garden, followed by drawing at our newly given garden furniture, followed by an impromptu fire pit dinner. I am feeling deeply blessed by our current climate, and the community I get to share in it with. And for the faint sunkissed and rosy cheeked warmth I’m still feeling now.
2. A pretty heavenly staycation with kittens. Utterly restorative.
3. PhD reading that moves me and feels important. This week I’m reading about youth-led research and thinking about liberation. And pinching myself that I get to do this research.
4. Excellent Maeve and an excellent evening with her yesterday. Anyone I can watch 30 Rock with reserves a special place in my heart. If they can then provide superb conversation and supper, they probably could even do with an OBE or something.
5. Piles and piles of blankets. Homemade cocoons.
6. Increased health and strength. I had an adventure to Newcastle and back on my own on Saturday, where Oli introduced me to the Quilliam Bros coffee shop because she knows stuff, man. Probably going to sign up for the Great North Run this year now*.
7. A good glass of wine.
8. Those conversations with people where it feels a little bit of heaven enters in and your coffee shop is a ‘thin place’.
9. The excellent Tim Marjoribanks and the lovely Lebanese meal where I got the privilege of partaking of the celebrations. He really is one of the very best people I know, and it is only good and right to celebrate him well.
10. A letter from Italy, and my lovely friend Kmipps** who sent me another treat. It seems that I’m getting one a month from her, and she is truly a treasure.
*JOKES! (For all protective caring types who are rolling their eyes at me).
**Although ‘Laura’ to most, ‘Nips’ to my Mum who got it brilliantly wrong that time, and sometimes ‘Lorna’ to my Grandma, who considers names as fluid and interchangeable.