What I’m weally thankful for Wednesday…
OK. Three weeks in to my picking it up regularly, I missed my ten things Tuesday post. Slacker. In my defence I was having both a limp and a stupid Tuesday, one that involved a lot of horizontal time and being locked out of the house for a wee bit.
But Wednesday’s here, I’ve got a bit of time to come round before heading to the doctors, and there are still ten things that I’m thankful for. (Ten and no more than ten).
2. Getting to see Maeve preach at the Founders and Benefactors service in the cathedral. AND being a ‘Guest of the Baroness Sherlock’* with Iona. And the Baroness was super and hugely pride inducing.
3. The infinitely lovely friends who’ve both fed me and let me wilt on their sofas. It is kind of amazing having friends who I’ve been able to be that drippy with, and have very precious moments of being scooped up into other people’s homes. Hopefully I haven’t dribbled on anyone’s cushions too much.
4. A new rug! It’s a (very) early Christmas present and I’ve been completely undisciplined and had it delivered here and opened up already. Like Veruca Salt, but with a great rug from Urban Outfitters. My room is a CLASS A HOTTIE. As is my mum. (Thanks, Mum).
5. Lads night in with Tom. Dominos and boys’ films. I hope for more soon.
6. The Chandlers who are wonderful and rescued me when I was shivering on a porch at the hands of my own idiocy. There’s some kind of messianic metaphor in there.
7. A full house at Number 25. Mim and Nikki are now home and my heart is whole again.
8. Brekkers at Flat White and being wheeled out with Tadz and Tom on Saturday morning. What an adventure! I’m also thankful for their very sturdy and enduring arm muscles for shoving me up the bumpy hills of Durham!
9. A visit from Claire Bear today**. I know that we’ll have a good hug as it’s been a LONG while since we last saw each other. (Claire has rules). And I’ll probably cry a little, but in a cool and hipster way. (Claire has rules). I’ve missed her SO MUCH.
10. Wet portraits of dogs. Absolute genius, The Guardian.
*I’m kind of a big deal now.
**Off of the internet, I think I just blogged myself.