Ten things I’m thankful for Tuesday…
1. A bit more sunshine.
2. New harem pants, sandals and sunglasses that are making me look like I don’t know that even though it’s a bit more sunny, I do still live in Durham*.
3. A new favourite coffee shop. It’s not posh or even pretty, but lingering in Capriccio’s makes me feel good.
4. Good conversations with Richard Passmore yesterday. I’ve missed talking youth work like that, and now I have new inspiration and a good reading list. Now if we could arrange for more interesting youth work thinkers and doers to pass through the North East… maybe on a weekly basis? That’d be grand.
5. A good shopping day with Kat on Saturday. In Newcastle. Including lunch at Olive and Bean. Days like that are priceless**.
6. A trip to the theatre last Thursday that was more funny than could ever have been intended.
7. A card from AT Jo Dolby.
8. Gimmicky named Diet Coke. I found my name!
9. Foods I am particularly enjoying at the moment: toasted bagels with peanut butter and sliced banana on, aubergine, noodles, and curly kale. As I eat these foods I feel like a better kind of person.
10. Good films and good books. This week has included Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (the film- beautiful and sad), The Reader (book- very readable, film- well made but somehow more tragic), Living Together (Bonhoeffer book that is rocking my world).
*But I do know because one of my toes fell off.
**But actually also quite expensive.